Google

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot Weather Bass

With the current hot spell we are under, water temps are starting to get into the 80's and the smallmouth bass are moving to deeper structure. They can become difficult to catch at this point in the season but it may be worth the effort to fish for them and limits of large smallies can reward the persistent and patient angler.

Yesterday I hit the water for a couple of hours and a large number of smallies were found in deeper water. The water temperature at 6 am was already over the 80 degree mark. After 2 hours I easily reached my limit and was culling smaller sized fish. My bait of choice was an XZone Slammer. These baits continue to amaze me. I tried a new color for the first time yesterday and this color worked great. In addition to about 20 bass I managed 3 walleye and a handful of panfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment